NEW DELHI: Four militants were shot dead and three Indian Air Force personnel were killed in a terror attack on the Pathankot Air Force base in Punjab on Saturday morning. About an hour after the encounter reportedly ended, gunshots were again heard and security forces suspect a fifth militant might be holed up inside the base.
* Security forces killed four terrorists following an attack on the Indian Air Force Station in north Punjab early on Saturday.
* Three Indian Force personnel were killed in the encounter.
* An hour after the gunbattle to weed out the remaining terrorists ended, gunshots were again heard. Security forces said it is likely a fifth terrorist is still inside the premises of the air force base.
* The attack began with gunfire around 3.30am on Saturday.
* Police have cordoned off the area. The Army and a team of the National Security Guard have been summoned to the area.