Ludhiana: In the wake of Beadbi incidents of Sri Guru Granth Sahib starting from June 1, 2015, and related police lawlessness and excesses, including killing of protesters by the police firing, the International Human Rights Organization (IHRO) constituted a probe panel comprising of its Chairperson DS Gill, General Secretary Mohinder Singh Grewal and Secretary Public Relations Jatinder Singh Sandhu to investigate the whole episode of Beabdi of the Sikhs Sacred Granth which have been held as Living (vibrating) Guru of the Sikhs by the Supreme Court of India in a case.
The IHRO Team took its Video Editor Tajinder Singh Rahi along and visited various related places, where events regarding Guru Granth Sahib’s Beabdi and police excesses against people who sat on dharna had occurred, on 31 October. The team met dozens of people, police victims and their families at different places. They started from Village Burj Jawahar Singh Wala where from a ‘Birr’ of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was stolen.
After analyzing the evidence collected by the IHRO Investigating Team, monitoring the media, especially social media and using all tools, instruments and sources available to the IHRO, International Human Rights Organization reached to the conclusions (findings) that:
- The sacrilege (Beabdi) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the living (vibrating) Guru of the Sikhs has culminated out of Akal Takht Sahib’s edict against ‘Baba’ Gurmit Ram Rahim Singh of Sirsa Dera in 2007, more specifically the second ‘edict’ by Jathedar Gurbachan Singh at the Takht this year exonerating him and later its cancellation for political reasons. Thereafter, for the resultant agony of the Sikhs, both Badals, heading the Punjab Government and Jathedar Gurbachan Singh, along with SGPC care taker Avtar Singh Makkar are responsible.
- In the given situation, the anti-Sikh forces, agencies and individuals became active. Knowingly or unknowingly, the inaction of the police in finding out the culprits in theft case of Birr of Sri Guru Granth Sahib from Gurdwara Sahib in Burj Jawahar Singh Wala, followed by the throwing of torn pages (angs) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in Bargari village, with prior notification (pasting posters on Gurdwara walls at Burj Jawahar Singh Wala and Bargari) proved fatal. And, above all, the framing of two innocent protesters (brothers)-Rupinder Singh and Jaswinder Singh, in a false criminal case for Beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Birr is an ‘effort’ (trick) to shield the real culprits.
- The mastermind behind shielding the real culprits and falsely framing Sikhs in all cases of sacrilege of SGGS is DGP Summed Singh Saini, who made protesters the accused in order to blame the Sikh community. His removal from the post by Central Home Minister Rajnath Singh (on IB put in) is an indication to the fact.
All evidence with IHRO suggest and point finger towards Sirsa Dera premis (possibly with the help some Hindu terrorists group). IHRO also is of the strong view that such a net-work cannot work without the help of some state agency or political patronage as the sacrilege is wide spread in Punjab and unabated.
- Besides police excesses in Punjab, particularly in dealing with the protests against Beadbi of the sacred Granth, excessive use of force is apparent. IHRO finds that the police firing at Behbal Kalan, which resulted in killing two Sikh Protesters- Gurjit Singh and Krishan Bhagwan Singh, is nothing but murders. The police in a bid to defend the high handedness had, after the incident, set on fire their own vehicles and framed 15 persons under section 307 IPC and about 500 with arson, etc, but later this case was withdrawn.
- The IHRO, therefore, urge the Supreme of India to take notice of such an important and heinous crime being committed unabated in Punjab against the Sikhs, especially dishonoring the Guru Granth Sahib and get this whole episode’s judicial enquiry done by sitting judges of this Honorable Court so that truth may come out before the public.
Mere CBI inquiry will not suffice as it has badly failed to get the guilty punished in the cases of November 1984 Sikh Carnage and 2002 Gujarat massacre.